As we continue our “New Year, New You” series this January, we’ve covered topics related to our physical health, emotional health, and finances.
This week, we’re talking about marriage, and I don’t know of a better person to talk to about this important but oftentimes difficult subject. Today, we’ve got Lysa TerKeurst!
Lysa is a New York Times bestselling author, speaker, and the president of Proverbs 31 Ministries. She’s married to her husband, Art, and they have five grown children. They live in Nashville, and Lysa is passionate about helping others experience Jesus by working through Scripture in the truest and most responsible way that everyone can understand.
Lysa shares vulnerably about her marriage and finding out about her husband’s infidelity and substance abuse. Living through that and seeing God restore her marriage, she encourages us in the hard places in marriage.
What we talk about:
- Acknowledging that the Enemy is attacking marriages and seeks to isolate us
- The importance of marriage check-ins with our spouse
- It’s okay to be disappointed in our marriage but the importance of redefining disappointment
- Why we all need counseling in combination with exercising discernment
- How to trust the Lord in the times when you can’t see his hand
She’s practical, she’s wise, and she gives us lots to consider in our marriages! Take time to listen to Lysa TerKeurst on Pardon the Mess and share it with your friends!
P.S. You can also find Lysa’s book, It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way: Finding Unexpected Strength When Disappointments Leave You Shattered, on Amazon here!